Sunday, February 14, 2010

Birdie Lovin'

I've been doing a lot of editing of late, which is to say I’m spending an inordinate amount of time staring out my window. Specifically, this one.


What I’ve noticed is that the ledge on the building next door is a pick-up spot of sorts for pigeons. Manhattan’s native bird favors this particular lip of brick when they feel like cruising for a date. It’s quite sweet to watch, really.

They gather.



Talk their pigeon talk.


Even share a smooch.


Mon dieu!


Scratch that. Turns out I live next door to a birdie red light district. Maybe it's the day, the amore in the air. Either that or this ledge is the feathered equivalent of Times Square circa 1987.

3 comments:

  1. Who would have thought this blog would have unearthed your love of Kale and your chronicling pigeons banging in the span of a month?

    I love the range!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe it's time I started looking out the other window. Am beginning to feel like a voyeur.

    ReplyDelete