Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The Seventh Stage

So, it really happened. I see it for what it is now: a team that went out and came up short. It happens, even to the Cavs, a team that I still cheer for and will continue to cheer for.

Sometimes you gotta make lemonade out of situations in life. You gotta put lipstick on a pig. Dress up a corpse. Wait, I don’t think that last one fits. Anyway, point being, you just have to accept things as they are and look toward the future with hope and gratitude.

And so, I will be ready for Thursday’s game in Boston. I’m certain the Cavs are going to digest Tuesday’s devastating loss, regroup and then Bring It tomorrow. At least, that’s what I hope.

As for LeBron, yeah, I still hope he stays in Cleveland. I hope he’s not lured away by a bigger-city team that shall remain nameless. But all I can do is hope and accept what is.

The seventh stage of grief is…well, it just is.

Go Cavs.

3 comments:

  1. Spoken like a true Clevelander, wish I could say the mood was better here in town, but most are lined up on the edge of the Terminal tower and Valley View bridge. I believe they forgot their Cleveland Sports history and dared to hope.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Proximity is brutal. The closer you are to the misery, the worse it is. In Cleveland, we need another stage to deal with this. Something like "Stop Stop You're Killing Me", "WTF," "Sticks & Stones," "Grateful Dead," or "Cuyahoga Curse>"

    For the owner and executive staff, Plausible Deniability

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhh Monica so proud of you for your colorful language and your true sports passion!

    ReplyDelete